Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

1000 reasons



I got to thinking today.  About how i hear over and over again, "i couldn't do what you are doing" (adopting a special needs child), or "aren't you afraid of for the future", or "how do you know you will be able to care for them all".  And really, for the most part, those seem like valid concerns. 

  There are 1000's of reasons to say no to a special needs adoption. 
* Too expensive. 
* Stressful for the family.
* Not enough room. 
* Who will take care of them in the future
* Medical Care
* not enough attention to go around
* Not fair to the other kids
* I'm not called to that
* Family is big enough

I could seriously go on and on and on. 

But here is the thing.  I don't need a 1000 reasons to say no.  I just need one reason to say YES.  The rest will come.  One way or another.

When i look at this face, i don't think about the time, or the money, or the worry.  I think, "he needs me", and that is enough. 



Eli
This is Eli's original picture.  The one we fell in love with.















We will find the money, one way or another.
We will deal with the stress
We have plenty of room
We will figure it out
We have insurance
Love multiplies, not divides
Always room for one more.

I understand that not everyone is able to adopt.  And not everyone should.  But, if you are feeling like you might want to adopt, but keep thinking up reasons NOT too, let go.  Listen to that little whispering voice.  Let go.  Think of one reason to say yes. 

LEAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment