Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

so far so good

So i've decided that even if i don't really feel thankful for something, it's important to fake it till i make it.  case in point; yesterday we went to target.  The older two monkeys asked me 5 bazillion times if they could have an icee.  They were told no, 5 bazillions times.  As we were leaving Gwen asked again and i told her yet again that no, we weren't having an icee today.  I joked to the woman next to me, that it was only the 50th time she had asked.  She replied, "but you said no so nicely".  And i thought, good!  Even if i was super frustrated and thinking not so nice things in my head, what my child heard was a calm mama standing her ground.  And that's all that really matters :)  I don't want my kids to remember me as the mommy who always screamed at them...i want to be the calm and fun mama!  I"m working on it at least :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog today. I'm enjoying reading about your family. :)

    When my older kids were younger ... and I went everywhere with my 6 kids in 6 years ... people always commented, with much surprise, "But ... you have a smile on your face." Seriously, they could not imagine that a mother with so many young children would be able to smile.

    No, motherhood is not easy. But, with the Lord's help, we can keep on smiling ... even on the hard days.

    Laurel
    mama of 12 (ages 10, 10, 11, 13, 15, 18, 21, 23, 23, 25, 26, 27)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurel, i have to tell you i got so excited when you commented here! I have been reading your blog for some time, and it made me feel like a cool kid :)

    Thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete