Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Where are we?

So, i thought i would do an update!  Our homestudy is complete!!!!  It was sent to our agency to get signed/notarized, and then it will be sent back to us!  Once it comes back to us we can submit both our immigration papers and our dossier to be translated.  So i feel like we are finally making some progress. 

I have been struggling waiting for our homestudy to be done.  It's so hard when there is nothing we can be doing to feel like we are moving foward to get our boy.  Jared and i are kind of wierd, we rarely leave our kids w/ others, almost never with someone who is not family.  So, when i think about Eli, sitting in an institution, it rips my heart to shreds.  I have no idea what is happening to him, how he is being treated, anything.  I have NO CONTROL!!!!  And that is a struggle for me.  I know this process is stretching me in many ways :)


Picture of my lovey!  Isn't he such a doll???? 

On a scary side note, Luci (15 months) pulled a shoe dresser on top of her this weekend!  I was so, so scared.  I called 911!  First time i have ever had to call that and i have 3 (soon to be 4 :) ) kids!  The paramedics were so quick to come out and so kind to us.  They wanted Luci to go to the hospital but felt like she was ok for me to transport.  Of course, Jared had gone into work so i was alone with the kids!  I called him on the way to the hospital to come meet us.  I also called my sister in law and she met me and came and got the big kids so we didn't have to worry about entertaining them!  The children's hospital was so nice.  They got us in so quickly and were great with Luci. They were afraid she had broken her femur b/c she wouldn't bear any weight but after many x-rays all they saw was a bunch of swelling.  She is moving better today and putting some weight on it, although she is still limping!

You can see the red mark on the side of her head!  She somehow managed to get a bump on her forehead, the top of her head, and the back!  That takes talent!

7 comments:

  1. So scary for that to happen. Take the drawer out and put a screw through the back of the dresser into the wall. Make sure you use a long screw. Many children suffer serious injuries or death because of this very type of accident. Good luck, glad she's O.K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it actually WAS screwed into the wall, with 4 screws!!!! That's why we were so shocked! Hubby put like 12 more screws in it this weekend to hopefully prevent this from happening again!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the second adoption blog I find from the Ultimate Blog party, but I am just not finding your post for the UBP so I thought I would comment here.
    I have a little girl with Ds and she led us to adopt a little girl from Ukraine with Cerebral palsy. We found her through Reeces Rainbow as well.
    Don't hesitate to ask any questions you have regarding adoption, the process, and especially the emotional aspect of it!
    When you get a chance stop by and look around my blog, I share honestly about Down syndrome, CP and adoption :)
    www.elliestumbo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your blog all the time!!!! I love it and your girls are so, so beautiful!!!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh! That's terrifying! We've had a couple of 911 calls and ambulance rides with Abby and there's nothing so scary. I'm so glad she's ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lexi! It was scary!!! But she is motoring around fine now!!

      Delete